Terms of Usage
These terms and conditions are the terms and conditions of an agreement between the person accessing and/or using the Websites (“you” or “your”) and us.
Website Use and Privacy
The specific terms for Website use and privacy are as follows:
- We use the information we collect about you to process sales on the site and to assist us and other entities in offering services and products to you. We also collect information in the form of referrals by site users to third parties.
- We may also share your data with third parties such as financial bodies, credit card companies in order to process transactions.
- You consent to electronically receive communications from us. We may communicate with you by posting notices on this website or by e-mail. You agree that all communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. We will provide you with an option to decline any such communication.
- We will not be liable for any disclosure of your personal information to any third party not authorised under these terms which may result from circumstances beyond our reasonable control. We take no responsibility for the privacy and security of the above information after you have “hyperlinked” to another website.
Access and Further Information
If we hold personal information about you, we will provide you with access to that personal information in accordance with all applicable legal requirements.
Personal information includes information of a personal nature which either specifically identifies you or from which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
To seek access to such personal information:
- We requests that you provide a written request to our Privacy Officer (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org). The Privacy Officer may request further information or provide you with a request form to be completed.
- We will respond to your request as soon as practicable (generally no later than within 45 days from the date of your request).
- If permitted under applicable legislation, we may notify you of details of a fee to be paid before we complete your request.
- We will notify you within required timeframes as to whether we hold personal information relating to you and whether we are granting you with access to such information or denying such access (and provide the reasons for doing so).
Amending Personal Information
We will correct personal information relating to you where you establish that it is not accurate, up-to-date or complete.
We will not delete personal information unless we are required or authorised to do so by law.
What is a privacy complaint?
A privacy complaint relates to any concern that a person may have regarding our privacy practices or our handling of your personal information. This could include matters such as:
- How your personal information is collected or stored;
- How your personal information is used or disclosed; and
- How access is provided to your personal information.
Who may make a complaint?
If you have provided us with personal information or we have collected and hold your personal information, you may make a complaint, have it investigated and dealt with under this policy.
How to make a complaint?
You may contact the Privacy Officer to make a complaint at this email address:
Complaints should specify the nature and substance of the complaint and the relevant date.
You will need to provide as much information as possible to assist us in our investigation.
All complaints will be logged on our database.
Complaints resolution procedure
Once the complaint has been lodged, we will try to resolve the matter in a timely fashion as follows:
- You should receive acknowledgement of receipt of your complaint within 14 days of the date you lodge it.
- We may request further information from you. This will enable us to investigate the complaint and determine an appropriate solution. All details provided will be kept confidential.
- It may be necessary to contact others in order to proceed with the investigation. This may be necessary in order to progress your complaint.
- If your complaint involves the conduct of our employees we will raise the matter with the employee concerned and seek their comment and input in the resolution of the complaint.
- If your complaint is not able to be resolved at a local level it will be referred to our legal advisers. You will be notified if this happens.
- You will be informed of the outcome of the investigation, the action taken to resolve the issue and the changes made to prevent this matter recurring.
- If the Privacy Officer determines, either before or after an investigation, that the complaint is not well-founded, the Privacy Officer will inform the complainant in writing of this decision and the reasons for it.
- If the complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you are entitled to refer your complaint to the appropriate Privacy Commissioner.
- We will keep a record of your complaint and the outcome.